Now I am not usually one of those people with enough pacience to scour multiple racks, shelves and stacks, but I have somehow become a bit of a thrifter. Most of the stuff I find is usually more comical than anything, however last weekend I did manage to find a few things that struck my fancy!
This was the second time my friend Sarah and myself have visited the Red, White and Blue thrift store in Gladstone, and this time we were prepaired (the first time we didnt know that there are no dressing rooms at the store...whoops). So there we were wearing leggings and tank tops trying on all sorts of things in the middle of the eisle. Many of our choices were not the best once they were off of the hanger, but there were of course a few diamonds in the rough.
This is a crummy picture of an amazing Michael Kors dress I found. It has the most classic shape and it is in mint condition...I am going to get a lot of use out of this!
I also found an adorable short sleeved pink silk cardigan, a hand full of books and a retro half apron.
I'd say it was a very enjoyable and successful adventure:)

i hear you on not of those "scouring" people through racks, stacks and shelves - that's why i have stores that i go to cause i know i'll find something without rummaging through every single item in the store. great find on your thrifting spree!
ReplyDeletestill so jealous of that thrifty find!
ReplyDeletehope you're enjoying your weekend so far...i'm sick today. puking at home. hope you don't catch it!
what a great find! i'm like you, i feel like every time i try to be a thrifty shopper, i don't like sorting through a bunch of junk to find the treasures. but you have inspired me to try again!
ReplyDelete