Friday, November 27, 2009

fa la la la frenzy...

WOW...the holiday shopping is sure in full swing. I ventured out with my little sister today for some 'Black Friday' shopping since she had never been, and we were completely blown away by all of the mom's in sweatsuits who were out for blood. Well not really blood, but atleast out for the hottest toys/gifts that there kids are begging for. It was, needless to say, the last time I will ever go out shopping on Black Friday EVER!


One stop that was successful was our World Market trip! I love all of the beautiful and unique things you can find, and boy oh boy did we find some truly unique shiny and glittery things! I would love to show you all the presents we purchased, although if I put those up the gifts wouldn't be a surprise and there is no fun in that so I'm sorry I can't do it! However I will show you all of the fabulous finds we picked up on Thrsday before our delicious Thanksgiving feast, courtesy of my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Bob (along with the help of the rest of the family). I know what you must be thinking..."you went shopping on Thanksgiving...how LAME!!!" My Mom, Sister and I did go to Old Navy in search of their infamous 50% off coats, we dodged the crowds that build up on Friday and it was a fast and enjoyable trip. My Mom also had to work her buns off on Friday at work so the fact that they were open on Thanksgiving was to our benefit, and of course we all enjoyed the lovely coats they had :) Here are a few of the things we ended up with...






This is the coat my sister picked out, yet hers is in black and blue...even cuter than this one!






So yet again I found a coat that isn't black. I am destined to never have a long black coat, I guess I am just drawn in by the coats that make a splash!


If any of you ventured out into that jungle known as 'Black Friday,' I hope you all made it out in one piece and with loads of treasures in hand! Let the Countdown to Christmas begin...28 days!


Oh and for all of you Portlanders...if you can't get enough of the holidays, turn your radio to 103.3, they have all Christmas music...all the time, a dream come true!

1 comment:

  1. i love that coat! i wanted it so bad, but it wasn't very flattering on me :(. we only went to fred meyer for socks. no chaos. just tired shoppers. the matchy-matchy mom sweatsuits were killing me! let's never be those women.

    i'm also totally with you on the never doing it again.....most everywhere has online sales w/ free shipping. so now you can sleep in and still get deals :).

    glad you got a few cute things though! hope you have a great rest of the weekend....i can't believe we still have two days left!

    ReplyDelete