Thursday, July 28, 2011

pain in my side



So I took a trip to the hospital Tuesday night, and may I say at 25, I am pretty proud that this is the first trip I have taken as a patient since I was born! I had been experiencing some horrible pain in my right side since Sunday, and I was finally at the point where I could stand it no longer. Long story short, I spent 14 hours in Emergency before the doctors could figure out what was causing me so much pain. I had an ultrasound (I have never been asked if I was pregnant so many times), an X-ray of my stomach and also a CT scan (so weird, felt like I peed my pants...hahaha!) I finally found out that I have Colitis (an infected and inflamed colon, its similar to Crohns, but isn't always a recurring thing). I was beside myself when I found out that NO surgery was needed:) I did however find out that my year long plan to have a blast with my friends at Brewfest this weekend wasn't going to pan out quite how I had hoped. I have to say no to all alcohol for 12 days, I don't think this will be hard, but I have to say I was bummed that I won't be able to enjoy the Raspberry Wheat beer that draws me to the festival. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will atleast be able to pop on down to the Portland Waterfront to visit for a bit...water and snacks in hand! To all those who are going, pour a little out for me:) Oh did I also mention that my medications also restrict me from being in the sun...so while is it beautiful and perfect tanning weather I get to couch surf, I know, it keeps on getting better. I am very grateful though that it wasn't anything more serious!





Here is a little diagram of the entire Colon, The part that I have Colitis in is the purple and and also where the purple connects to the green.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if standing with your arms out like that makes it worse...

    ReplyDelete